MarkMods Forums

• 22 September 2019

Advanced search  
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.         Login with username, password and session length
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Release: Server Mod for New Main Server  (Read 8937 times)

TR1GG3R

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • HOUSE OF PAiN
Re: Public Release: Server Mod for New Main Server
« Reply #15 on: 26 October 2012 »

I'm sure there are better ways to do it, but here's my GameTracker fix. (implementation of GameSpy query protocol v2)

http://pastebin.com/UiYCKXQp

There is a major limitation though:

AFAIK, the GameSpy v2 protocol supports only a single packet response (max ~1400 bytes). It does not support fragmentation. There is no mechanism in place for sending/receiving packets in the right order. (that was added in v3)

The code uses native function bool SendBinary (IpAddr Addr, int Count, byte B[255]) to send the response. So it can only send packets with a payload of max. 255 bytes. That doesn't give you a lot to work with as every character you send takes 1 byte. I think if you're running a server with 18 slots and its full, chances are you will be close to or over the 255 bytes limit for the player info query.

Luckily GameTracker sends two separate queries for server info and player info.

Anyway, hope it helps. Just thought I'd share this, since you asked for it.

Here's hoping GameTracker will switch to v1 query protocol soon so this won't be needed anymore :)

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #16 on: 27 October 2012 »

Hi Trigger,

Thanks for sharing :)
As soon as I have time I will have a look and implement it into a new server patch :)

Mark

Pho3nix

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 November 2012 »

Hello MarkieBoy,

First of all, a big thank you for what you've done so far, much appreciate ;)

I downloaded this Server Mod and succesfully installed it on the server, in fact the server says to be registered to your new MasterServer, but i can't see it with the in-game serverlist browser, not even in the list of active servers on www.markmods.com. Can there be an explanation?

PS: the server is up and running and fully playable, thanks to you of course! :)

adriank1410

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2012 »

I wrote an informational post for anyone who doesn't know why the serverlist doesn't work and what is this new patch. You can give it to anybody to help:

http://scriptogr.am/adriank1410/post/swat4-and-swat4-the-stetchkov-syndicate-english-update-17.11.2012

Best regards,
adriank1410.
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Up