MarkMods Forums

• 18 November 2019

Advanced search  
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.         Login with username, password and session length
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN  (Read 77684 times)

Andy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN
« Reply #75 on: 13 October 2012 »

Gaming deluxe has e-mail gamespy tech to see if they can acquire the master server files with no response, think we're on our own here. I'm happy to help with funding anything so give me a shout if any monetry problems arise, as of the technical side of things i'm not all that great...perl is about as far as i go.

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #76 on: 14 October 2012 »

I've made some first steps in rebuilding the master server.
It's a very time consuming process and it's far from certain I will succeed.

To MM hosting clients: I'll patch the MM control panel, so it won't reboot all SWAT4 servers since it cannot query them, as a temp solution.

Dida

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 14 October 2012 »

Hi there,
Well wrote to Rev Team about this issue and told them about your progress so I got this answer:
"2 days ago we've started creating an alternative web-based server list customizing an old php query script that we used on 2007 but for sure it's not a valid solution. I mean there are many hosters and we should find an unique solution together. For sure we should focus on Mark since he's the best with mods. We could support him with servers and share expenses but i don't know if he wants to cooperate with others.

In my opinion if we want to create a new masterserver we have to share expenses and make it totally unbranded with no references to Mark, Revhosting or whatever. In short we should create a new project with an indipended website. "

Cheers

JusticeSK

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 14 October 2012 »

To MM hosting clients: I'll patch the MM control panel, so it won't reboot all SWAT4 servers since it cannot query them, as a temp solution.

and after it, server will work?

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #79 on: 14 October 2012 »

and after it, server will work?

MM servers should stay online now, instead of being rebooted all the time by the control panel (message applies ONLY to game servers hosted at MarkMods).

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #80 on: 14 October 2012 »

Hi there,
Well wrote to Rev Team about this issue and told them about your progress so I got this answer:
"2 days ago we've started creating an alternative web-based server list customizing an old php query script that we used on 2007 but for sure it's not a valid solution. I mean there are many hosters and we should find an unique solution together. For sure we should focus on Mark since he's the best with mods. We could support him with servers and share expenses but i don't know if he wants to cooperate with others.

In my opinion if we want to create a new masterserver we have to share expenses and make it totally unbranded with no references to Mark, Revhosting or whatever. In short we should create a new project with an indipended website. "

Cheers

You may contact your hosting company and inform them that I will create a solution which will be usable for any customer and/or company. Most likely the solution involves an update for;
serverside:
Gez Mod v22
MarkMod v13

Clientside:
New client mod (for viewing the serverlist)

I have no idea how we will cover all the expenses, but I am sure the community and the different hosting companies are willing to help out.
The rebuilding the master server project seems to be way to time consuming and I have strong doubts if it is even remotely possible, Luigi has written some very nice papers about GameSpy its CD-key SDK and it's in 2 words: pretty complicated.

The fastest way to success is most likely an update for all servermods and a new client mod. I've already had an email from our installer-builder, Abidh, that he is willing to create an user-friendly GUI installer for the client mod. Which saves me a lot of time to do more research :)

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #81 on: 14 October 2012 »

WANTED Beta testers:
I am looking for very patience Beta/Alpha testers for both Server & client sided mods with the following skills;
Speaking(writing) language: English or Dutch
You have high experience with using SWAT 4 game servers OR client mods. You know how to fix problems on your own, in case a client or server mod doesn't work as it should.
You are capable of testing software, trying all possible options (not just the ones you need at that specific moment). You are capable of writing a very short report with features that are broken or need serious attention.
You understand the meaning of priorities.
Give me a PM if you are interested and only if you qualify the above.
Testing moments can be at any moment, most likely this monday - thursday. 1 hour a day would do most likely, testing usually takes 30 mins per test.
Ps: It may take up to a couple of days before I reply to my PMs, you can imagine the text-traffic over here most likely....

minetimeteamhelp@web.de

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 14 October 2012 »

That would be super  :)

|MYT|Edward

• Beta Test Crew
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 14 October 2012 »

VOW clan did an app, i think it work little like mine, with an MySQL database and a socket to test each client of the database.
It's very slow, and impossible to join but if it can help you (markie).

xfire : edwardbeer

GeneralONeill

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 14 October 2012 »

Exactly this program i'm programming too ;) The bad is, that it is very slow. I work for a better way, that the updates goes faster, maybe i find a solution.

And the servers want to query must use GEZ Mod :(

Greetings
ONeill

EtniesDC

• Translation Crew
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Swat Elite Team
« Reply #85 on: 14 October 2012 »

I inform DExUS about problems. DExUS is maker of UAC,Swat4 Colored Text Generator,Swat4 Server Info, etc... He start programming too. He say: I don't play SWAT now but I do It for SWAT comunity. Than check his web too http://www.dexus5.com

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #86 on: 14 October 2012 »

Hmm... Please ask DExUS what kind of solution he is thinking of. We need to make sure we don't have 10 different solutions floating around, which still/again causes huge problems finding game servers.

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #87 on: 14 October 2012 »

Busy coding the servermod, came across this comment in the SWAT 4 codes:
Code: [Select]
Is it common knowledge that the port to ping an internet server
on, is the connection port + 2?? (check the
FMasterServerUplinkLink constructor in MasterServerUplink, for
where this port is actually used on the server.) Yikes, we
should make this nicer. [darren]

;D

GeneralONeill

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 14 October 2012 »

Hmm... Please ask DExUS what kind of solution he is thinking of. We need to make sure we don't have 10 different solutions floating around, which still/again causes huge problems finding game servers.

Maybe we can work together to get fast a good solution?!

EtniesDC

• Translation Crew
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Swat Elite Team
« Reply #89 on: 14 October 2012 »

Isn't solution.
Servers will need registration manually.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up