MarkMods Forums

• 22 September 2019

Advanced search  
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.         Login with username, password and session length
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN  (Read 76320 times)

apocalypto@email.com

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN
« Reply #45 on: 12 October 2012 »

I tried to connect to the servers using the informations from "IpDrv.u":
Code: [Select]
telnet ut2003master1.epicgames.com 28902
♠11914
telnet ut2003master1.epicgames.com 28902
♠27012
Those numbers change everytime, probably it's a client unique identifier...btw the two servers are both online

ClaudiuRo

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12 October 2012 »

say goodbye to all games supported by gamespy http://gamespyarcade.com/support/

doodle_cz

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12 October 2012 »

Warning: MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2003master1.epicgames.com as 199.255.40.172.
Warning: MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2003master1.epicgames.com established.
Warning: MasterServerUplink: Master server rejected authentication request.
Warning: Check your CD key.
Warning: Sent CD key hash: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<marked out>"
ScriptLog: (t=13.364): Master server connection failed
ScriptLog: (t=13.543): Master server connection failed

How did you manage to try to connect to the ut2003master1.epicgames.com instead of swat4.available.gamespy.com (which is also defined in some *.u)? I suppose that by default settings, the game connects to the gamespy (only?). I'm not able to simulate connection to the epicgames :-/

MikeY

• Beta Test Crew
  • Forum Member
  • HERP DERP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12 October 2012 »

I'm working on a masterserver list alternative. (work in progress: http://www.markmods.com/swat4masterserver/ )
First a web version, if the main masterserver remains offline after monday I'll start on a client mod integrated in SWAT4.
But let's hope the masterserver will get back online soon.

Please, make sure you cooperate with the other hosts. It would be hateful if it was a swat client for every server hoster.

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #49 on: 13 October 2012 »

Please, make sure you cooperate with the other hosts. It would be hateful if it was a swat client for every server hoster.

Thanks for your feedback, however I do not fully understand what you are aiming at. What do you mean exactly? This is the best moment for feedback, since development is now :)

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #50 on: 13 October 2012 »

How did you manage to try to connect to the ut2003master1.epicgames.com instead of swat4.available.gamespy.com (which is also defined in some *.u)? I suppose that by default settings, the game connects to the gamespy (only?). I'm not able to simulate connection to the epicgames :-/

It can be altered in Swat4DedicatedServer.ini

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
bAlwaysTick=True
LANPort=10489
LANServerPort=9999
CurrentMasterServer=2
MasterServerPort[0]=28902
MasterServerAddress[0]=ut2003master1.epicgames.com

[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
UplinkToGamespy=False
SendStats=False
ServerBehindNAT=False
DoLANBroadcast=False

Please note, this doesn't fix anything. But does create an opportunity to build a custom master server.
Wireshark faces difficulties capturing localhost packets, and the rawcap (or how is it named exactly) doesn't do it job that good neither.
I'll get an other laptop out tomorrow if I get the chance, that master server should be doable since I learned more today.
Not sure if I have enough time to finish it this weekend though (if at all), since I have a Math Test this monday, which requires some more studying.

third_echelon

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13 October 2012 »

It seems to work on Direct IP. But why is the server not showing on xFire like other servers?

{KL}EmoPig

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • KahunaLand
« Reply #52 on: 13 October 2012 »

It seems to work on Direct IP. But why is the server not showing on xFire like other servers?

Same problem here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

aXn

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 13 October 2012 »

It can be altered in Swat4DedicatedServer.ini

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
bAlwaysTick=True
LANPort=10489
LANServerPort=9999
CurrentMasterServer=2
MasterServerPort[0]=28902
MasterServerAddress[0]=ut2003master1.epicgames.com

[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
UplinkToGamespy=False
SendStats=False
ServerBehindNAT=False
DoLANBroadcast=False

Please note, this doesn't fix anything. But does create an opportunity to build a custom master server.
Wireshark faces difficulties capturing localhost packets, and the rawcap (or how is it named exactly) doesn't do it job that good neither.
I'll get an other laptop out tomorrow if I get the chance, that master server should be doable since I learned more today.
Not sure if I have enough time to finish it this weekend though (if at all), since I have a Math Test this monday, which requires some more studying.

altering this is only helpfull to change the master server the host connects to.
the clients would be connecting to the master server that is now down.
I hope you knew this :)
btw how can i use edited *.u files with swat 4 ? it shows general protection failure , i tried to hash the original one and search in packages.md5 and packages.txt but it only has hashes for some files. :S

apocalypto@email.com

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 13 October 2012 »

altering this is only helpfull to change the master server the host connects to.
btw how can i use edited *.u files with swat 4 ? it shows general protection failure , i tried to hash the original one and search in packages.md5 and packages.txt but it only has hashes for some files. :S

I edited IpDrv.u with a Hex editor, it didn't show general protection failure...I just tried to switch to secondary master server:
CurrentMasterServer=0became
CurrentMasterServer=1but nothing changed (pretty obvious)

MikeY

• Beta Test Crew
  • Forum Member
  • HERP DERP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 13 October 2012 »

Thanks for your feedback, however I do not fully understand what you are aiming at. What do you mean exactly? This is the best moment for feedback, since development is now :)

Wrong quote I guess, I meant this one:
I'm working on a masterserver list alternative. (work in progress: http://www.markmods.com/swat4masterserver/ )
First a web version, if the main masterserver remains offline after monday I'll start on a client mod integrated in SWAT4.
But let's hope the masterserver will get back online soon.

I supose this "client mod integrated in SWAT4" is pretty much change the masterserver to yours right? What I meant is that there are other SWAT4 server hosters that (obviously) are experiencing the same problem and probably gonna try to make a masterserver themselves and a client mod too so it works on their servers, generating a clusterfuck of swat clients just to play on some servers, so, I think you should open this discussion (officially) to hosts like revhosting, nlsevernl, so they all work for the same goal (a general master server, impartial).

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Swat4 Poland Community
« Reply #56 on: 13 October 2012 »

I say sorry but not so good in English and multiple threads do not understand, so I ask. Is anyone running a server hosting from Mark?
I constantly scheming to ports, change ip port (querylistenport too) and nothing works. Or the server will not boot or kicking all players every 10 minutes ;(
Danke Team Markmod für die professionelle Hilfe und Unterstützung für unserem Server. Wir freuen uns sehr über diese Kooperation.
Poland=Poland=Poland

JusticeSK

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 13 October 2012 »

I say sorry but not so good in English and multiple threads do not understand, so I ask. Is anyone running a server hosting from Mark?
I constantly scheming to ports, change ip port (querylistenport too) and nothing works. Or the server will not boot or kicking all players every 10 minutes ;(

Yeah i changed to. after it server begun to work. but server crashing every 5 minutes.
we all are trying to find output of this situation. I hope we can do it

aXn

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 13 October 2012 »

I edited IpDrv.u with a Hex editor, it didn't show general protection failure...I just tried to switch to secondary master server:
CurrentMasterServer=0became
CurrentMasterServer=1but nothing changed (pretty obvious)

strange man i just replaced ut2003.master1.epicgames.com with ut2003.master2.epicgames.com and i coundn't play anymore maybe the value is crashing with dll / ini -.-

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #59 on: 13 October 2012 »

It's still a work in progress, no fool-proof solution ready yet.
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up