MarkMods Forums

• 18 October 2019

Advanced search  
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.         Login with username, password and session length
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN  (Read 76718 times)

DAMS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN
« Reply #135 on: 17 October 2012 »

Looks like DeXus (UAC dev) got something ready, not sure whether its working good or not, or working at all. Just to let you know.

http://www.dexus5.com/system3/

I'm testing this browser dexus5 but has errors, if you filter it by version it is not connecting to server ...

I Markmod wanting to test your browser is to send me

blaster1

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 17 October 2012 »

I'm testing this browser dexus5 but has errors, if you filter it by version it is not connecting to server ...

yeah its beta...

Rev

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 17 October 2012 »

This program is like the server browser from another clan :)
You must register the server self, so it isn't a solution really ;) MarkMods will register all server using MM automatically.

Greetings
ONEill

Not really. It's possible to automate the registration of servers with a simple script based on scheduled tasks. I could make it in a very short time with SQL (or even a text file) and one single script. It works same as a payment gateway. Grab data from your control panel (of course i'm talking of Game Service Providers) and every minute, with a cron job, collect all IPs of all your running Swat4 servers. Then send the array via POST or CURL to i_eat_ip.php and populate the server list. That's it.

The only problem is that it seems to me that everyone (not Mark of course) is trying to develop his "server list system" just to show off his skills. Again we don't need 10 different ways to get a list of servers. We need 1 way and we should cooperate.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2012 by Rev »

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #138 on: 17 October 2012 »

Something critical is missing in DExUS its ingame serverlist indeed.
I am making quite some progress, with a bit of luck I have a first beta of the client mod ready tonight :)
« Last Edit: 18 October 2012 by MarkieBoy »

EtniesDC

• Translation Crew
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Swat Elite Team
« Reply #139 on: 17 October 2012 »

Dexus solved problem now. Is avaiable update. (Its too beta)
« Last Edit: 17 October 2012 by EtniesDC »

EtniesDC

• Translation Crew
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Swat Elite Team
« Reply #140 on: 17 October 2012 »

Im talking with Dexus. Tommorow he will finish 1.0 version or maybe today at night.

desrat

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 17 October 2012 »

The only problem is that it seems to me that everyone (not Mark of course) is trying to develop his "server list system" just to show off his skills. Again we don't need 10 different ways to get a list of servers. We need 1 way and we should cooperate.

I think thats a little unfair, my downloader app has been available for 5 years and the browser addition was released prior to anyone else even had anything else to show.  Saying this effort was only to show off "skills" as you put it is pure crap, the desire to keep the swat community going until a more workable solution was available is the only driving force.  Would you prefer it if we didn't spend our time doing this sort of stuff and leave you to sort yourself...MM has stated this could take some time and something is surely better than nothing..

Anyways rant over, I'm all for a single method, in fact if MM gets this working in game properly I'll gladly disable the function in my software and direct users here to get the mod.
Go to http://desratsworld.co.uk/update and grab the Swat Downloader, you can use it view and join servers, download mods, maps and more.

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #142 on: 18 October 2012 »

Saying this effort was only to show off "skills" as you put it is pure crap, the desire to keep the swat community going until a more workable solution was available is the only driving force.  Would you prefer it if we didn't spend our time doing this sort of stuff and leave you to sort yourself...

Fully agree with you there. Every effort should be rewarded!

DAMS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 18 October 2012 »

As promised, I'll give you guys an update once in a while:

If you ever plan to manipulate the SWAT 4 Menu (in an advanced way) and you'd still like to be able to join a game server, I'd give you this advise: Do not.

It took me 10 hours today (AGAIN) to figure out what was bugging the GUI.

Good news though, the GUI is working for the client mod!
Up next (which should be childishly easy compared to the GUI hacking): the client <--> mainserver connection.
A first beta Thursday?! Who knows :)

Status new mainserver:
SWAT 4 server mod Beta v1: test finished - Beta v2: 0%
Mainserver Beta being tested
Web serverlist txt 0%
Web serverlist GUI 30%
ClientMod ingame server browser65%
Installer Client mod0%

Hey Mark beautiful results'm hoping the version I installed a Swat4 work on my machine to test my server, I am following your results daily anything'm on my msn ....

DExUS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 18 October 2012 »

Hi guys,

I am looking forward to the Marks solution, it was also my intent to recreate the main server and since he already begun and I know almost nothing about server side mods I left it in his capable hands.
However my tool is not just for the current community, it's also for ppl from the street who never played SWAT4 and want to join "some" server and have fun.
Now I am certain that there will be like 10+ guys like that :D , but I like having more options and even if the new master server will die or has some issues, my tool can be used even at that time.
If possible I'd like to co-op with you guys and get the swat4 gaming on the feet again.

and please , it's DExUS , or DEx , I hate if someone uses large X in my nickname :D

vipmillionaire

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 18 October 2012 »

Hi guys,

I am looking forward to the Marks solution, it was also my intent to recreate the main server and since he already begun and I know almost nothing about server side mods I left it in his capable hands.
However my tool is not just for the current community, it's also for ppl from the street who never played SWAT4 and want to join "some" server and have fun.
Now I am certain that there will be like 10+ guys like that :D , but I like having more options and even if the new master server will die or has some issues, my tool can be used even at that time.
If possible I'd like to co-op with you guys and get the swat4 gaming on the feet again.

and please , it's DExUS , or DEx , I hate if someone uses large X in my nickname :D

Have you contacted Gamespy staff about master server files as you previously stated?

DExUS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 18 October 2012 »

Have you contacted Gamespy staff about master server files as you previously stated?

I did, however they did bother to reply. Yet.

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #147 on: 18 October 2012 »

I like having more options and even if the new master server will die or has some issues, my tool can be used even at that time.

Fully agree!

it's DExUS.

Thanks for correcting me! Corrected my post as well :)

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #148 on: 18 October 2012 »

Update: did around 350 test runs ranging from monday-yesterday (figured I could see that somewhere in the logs). That's why GUI hacking in SWAT 4 sucks.
Update 2: found a serious bug in the GUI, again. No beta tonight.
Update 3: A first client beta will be available for SWAT 4 v1.1 (and possibly v1.0) only. TSS support needs additional research.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2012 by MarkieBoy »

GeneralONeill

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 18 October 2012 »

Hope that you will finish your first beta test environment soon, but you are only a human, so eat and sleep please ;)
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up