MarkMods Forums

• 13 December 2019

Advanced search  
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.         Login with username, password and session length
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN  (Read 80310 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
Re: BREAKING: SWAT4 SERVER LIST DOWN
« Reply #120 on: 15 October 2012 »

No public download ready yet, it's absolutely not ready for public release, it will cause you more troubles than fun at this moment.

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #121 on: 15 October 2012 »

Started on the client mod, the lovely world of SWAT 4 modding.. It's worse than hell;
How the SWAT4 developers must have thought: "You may not edit this. You may not alter that. You may touch this, but you will have to rewrite 1000 lines of codes. We do not allow you to modify this, but if you are smart you can modify it, however it will be a pain in the ass."

It's probably because it's monday.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2012 by MarkieBoy »

aXn

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 15 October 2012 »

k i understand that it isn't ready for public beta at all , but how can i be a beta tester ?

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #123 on: 15 October 2012 »

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #124 on: 15 October 2012 »

Lovely, game server <--> client MD5 checks are even on the client's GUIController. Thanks to the Cheat-developers else these checks wouldn't have existed.
Up to a different approach..

vipmillionaire

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 15 October 2012 »

Mark have you tried to contact other hosters who are working on similar solution?

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #126 on: 15 October 2012 »

Mark have you tried to contact other hosters who are working on similar solution?

I don't think anyone is building a new ingame server browser.

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #127 on: 15 October 2012 »

Hi guys. Hi Mark.

First of all a dumb question. I remember that on Swat4 version 1.2 (unofficial ofc) and on mods like SSF the in-game server list was showing just the 1.2 and SSF-modded servers. Probably the list was still based on GameSpy but i can't be 100% sure since i only have the server-side files in this moment. The 1.2 probably was just a "filter" on game_ver parameter but i can't say anything about mods. It's just an idea.

About the rest we emailed GameSpy (IGN or whatever) asking 2 question. First if they can let us (us => community - not just 1 hoster) host the masterserver since Swat is no longer part of their plans. Then i asked if they could simply set the A record of their masterserver hostname to point to our alternative "coming-asap" query protocol. In this way we don't need to edit the game or play with the host file. Same game, same servers. Let's see what happens.

I'm curious to their response as well! Would be great for the community if they cooperate!

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #128 on: 15 October 2012 »

As promised, I'll give you guys an update once in a while:
After 5 hours of hacking, I finally found a way to hack myself into the SWAT 4 menu, without you having to type a command first and without you being blocked joining ANY random game server. (just altering the SWAT 4 menu is a piece of cake, but the key element here makes it complicated).

Of course, once figured out, it's just about 6 lines of code. You can call those 6 lines the made progress in 5 hours of work. Woohoo... Though, as you can imagine, these are thé most important pieces, so we can call this a serious breakthrough :)

Status new mainserver:
SWAT 4 server modBeta v1 being tested
Mainserver Beta being tested
Web serverlist txt 0%
Web serverlist GUI 30%
ClientMod ingame server browser15%
Installer Client mod0%

Update 22:10h (Amsterdam time): The SWAT 4 protection is killing me. A SWAT 4 server doesn't allow an edited Menu of a client which wants to enter. As you can guess, that's exactly what we want: an edited Menu with a working server list again. After quite some hacking and work-arounds I finally made some progress. Though the menu isn't stable yet, so lots of work to do.

Beta Test results of V1 server-side: Basics are working perfectly. Server registers nicely to the mainserver, fully automatically (if you've configured the game server correctly).
Points of improvement: need to auto set the needed config, this will cause to much confusion for server hosters.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2012 by MarkieBoy »

Mark

• Administrator
  • Active Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • MarkMods
« Reply #129 on: 15 October 2012 »

I'm calling it a day.
10 hours of trial and error has been enough for today.
Got the Menu Manipulation working pretty OK now, will start on a client <--> mainserver connection tomorrow.
Once that's working a new GUI for the serverlist is up next. will try to reuse the original serverlist GUI, but I have my doubts. will need to rebuild one from scratch I'm afraid (woohoo..).

minetimeteamhelp@web.de

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 16 October 2012 »

You can do it;) Thanks

DULOKS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 16 October 2012 »

Well it must be hard and annoying, and you probably feel like your brain is going to explode!  ;D But you are our last hope!  :'( Hope that doesn't put too much pressure on you! hehe

blaster1

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 16 October 2012 »

Looks like DeXus (UAC dev) got something ready, not sure whether its working good or not, or working at all. Just to let you know.

http://www.dexus5.com/system3/

GeneralONeill

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 16 October 2012 »

This program is like the server browser from another clan :)
You must register the server self, so it isn't a solution really ;) MarkMods will register all server using MM automatically.

Greetings
ONEill

robert.a.walsh@gmail.com

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 16 October 2012 »

I tried the aforementioned UAC server browser...

Mine doesnt work - when I try to connect to a server it just sticks on the loading screen and then fails to connect.

It looks exactly the same as when I try to connect to a 1.1 1.0 server, it doesn't connect for me.

However, connecting to a TSS 1.0 server via xfire works perfectly, and used to work with the serverlist too.

Can anybody help me please?

Edit: It looks like I can only join servers I have joined before, not new servers...
« Last Edit: 16 October 2012 by robert.a.walsh@gmail.com »
UBP|»Polar
Xfire = robawalsh
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up